DCSIMG

Chimney fire in Gamlingay

News

News

Firefighters were called to put out a fire in a chimney.

A crew from Gamlingay and one crew from Potton were called to a chimney fire in Drove Road, Gamlingay.

The incident occurred on Wednesday, December 4 at 4.30pm.

Firefighters extinguished the fire using chimney rodding and returned to their stations by 5.50pm.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

A fire service spokesman said: “Please ensure that you get your chimney swept and the brickwork inspected at least once a year. This will help to prevent a chimney fire.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page