This week’s Biggleswade History Society plaque can be found at the site of the former school in Rose Lane.
Originally the British Board School, it was built in 1874 but was extended in 1905, later becoming the Council Schools.
It was the main school in Biggleswade for nearly 50 years before it became a secondary modern school, and later St Andrew’s Lower School in 1964. It closed in 1988.
After many years standing empty and much speculation as to the building’s potential future the school was redeveloped into a series of flats.
As a listed building the historic exterior has been left intact.