A guided walk around Cardington is the latest in a series of outing organised by Sandy Town Council.
The walk around the village on Sunday, August 14, will take in St Mary’s Church where you can see relics from the ill-gated airship, the R101.
The tour will also reveal the delightful houses, cottages and other historic buildings built by the Whitbread estate from the 18th century and the cottages erected by the famous prison reformer, John Howard, whose house can be found close to St Mary’s Church.
Construction of the R101 started at the nearby airship sheds at Cardington in 1926. The R101 left Cardington in October 1930 for India, crashing in Northern France. The walk will visit the cemetery and see the impressive grave and memorial to the 48 people killed.
The walk will begin at Cardington village hall, Southill Road, opposite the Kings Arms pub, at 2.30pm.
The cost of the walks are £5.50 per person and payment is required on booking. No refunds are available. Contact Sandy Town Council on 01767 681491 or email email@example.com