This photograph shows The Bird in Hand public house at Henlow Camp and judging by the clothing of the smartly dressed gentleman standing in the doorway, was probably taken some time between 1920/30 - nearly 90 years ago. Was he perhaps the landlord at that time?
The old Victorian pub, then serving local brewery Wells & Winch ales, had been in existence since the 1840s.
The building was demolished in 1939 and a new larger hotel and public house, also called The Bird in Hand, was built on the site.
This photograph was originally kindly supplied by Mrs Wade.