A celebration is being held this weekend to mark the 155th anniversary of the Three Counties Asylum, later known as Fairfield Hospital.
The event with a host of activities and exhibitions is on Sunday, June 28 at Stotfold Memorial Hall, from 10am until 4pm, and admission is free.
There will be displays on the full history of the old asylum, with memorabilia, photographs, historical records, music, sport and drama.
Visitors are being asked to take along any memorabilia and photographs and also share.
There will be a host of other features during the day, including the Richard and Rosalyn Knight Three Counties Asylum Artefacts Collection, and the Bedfordshire Museum Artefacts Collection - only the second time in 39 years that these have been on show.
The Original Radio Fairfield presenters will be taking turns to broadcast live sets in the hall, with one flying from America just to take his turn on the decks!
The Fairfield Players will be displaying photos from past shows and recruiting budding actors, and the Fairfield Bowls club will be displaying a collection of past and present memorabilia.
The Orchard Brasserie will have promotional menus and possibly some great offers.
Mike Everett will be displaying a large collection of Stotfold photos, postcards and memorabilia and visitors are welcome to browse through them.
Refreshments and cakes will be served by members of the 1st Fairfield Scout Group.
The Three Counties Asylum, later called Fairfield Hospital in Fairfield Park, was a psychiatric hospital from 1860 to 1999.
The hospital opened in 1860 with the transfer of six male and six female patients from Bedford Lunatic Asylum, and catered for patients from Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire and Huntingdonshire.
The asylum had its own chapel, farm, laundry, railway station and fire brigade.