Fire at Wagamama in Bury

Fire and Rescue news.
Fire and Rescue news.

Fire crews have been called to Wagamama in Bury St Edmunds after a fire broke out in the kitchen.

Two fire engines from the town arrived at the eatery in the ARC shopping centre shortly after 10am on Sunday.

The blaze, which took place in a deep fat fryer, was put out using a dry powder extinguisher and a fire blanket by 10.40am.

A spokeswoman for the eatery said: “Wagamama closed briefly on Sunday following a minor fire in the kitchen. The fire was put out effectively and the restaurant reopened to customers the following day.

“Wagamama at Bury St Edmunds operates high safety standards, and customer and staff wellbeing continues to be a main priority across all of our restaurants.”